I’ve always liked watching Inside the Actor’s Studio hosted by James Lipton, and the best part is the questions he asks each guest at the end of the interview. Someone has turned those questions into a meme, which I saw at Books on the Brain.
1. What is your favorite word? susurrus, scrumptious, vivid
2. What is your least favorite word? “Like” when used in place of said. “I was like, ‘Duh!’ You know?” Ugh. Or the word “just” thrown into a prayer. “Lord, we’re asking that you would “just” be with us…”
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Books and music.
4. What turns you off? Whining. Being only half-listened to.
5. What is your favorite curse word? I try not to curse, but I’ve been known to say “crap” every once in a while. My typing teacher used to say “sh-aving cream” – drawing the “sh” sound out for a long time, of course.
6. What sound or noise do you love? Rain. Josh Groban’s voice. Silence.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? The fake crying sound my kids make when they’re mad at each other and trying to get my attention. Teeth scraping on a fork.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Writer, bookstore owner.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything in the medical profession. I’m much too squeamish, and I wouldn’t want to be that responsible for other people’s health.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? After “Well done, good and faithful servant” – I suppose, “Here’s the library!”
Let me know if you play along!