I saw this meme at Lawanda‘s a while ago, and I’ve been saving it until I had time to do it right.
1. Who was your best friend?
Fran Leanos, Jennifer Jones, Tobi Gaddis
2. Did you play any sports?
Not unless you count our family croquet games on the 4th of July.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
Either my parents huge green station wagon, or a dark blue Plymouth Scamp. I drove the Scamp in college, too, and my friend’s boyfriend had a Dodge Dart of the same year. Those two cars are made by the same manufacturer. Anyway, he figured out that his keys would open and start my car, so he thought it was funny to come on campus while I was in class and move my car from the east parking lot to the west parking lot, or vice versa.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?
Probably babysitting or at a movie.
5. Were you a party animal?
No – though I did enjoy cast parties after opening night. But I didn’t really do any drinking in high school.
6. Were you considered a flirt?
Maybe a little bit – but only with guys I knew really well.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?
Concert choir and jazz choir.
8. Were you a nerd?
Yep. Got really good grades, wore glasses, sang in choir, was in drama and French club – the whole nine yards.
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?
I got in-school suspension once for the only time I ever skipped school. Had to spend the whole school day in this basement room where the walls were painted the color of split pea soup.
10. Can you sing the fight song?
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Mathews, my choir teacher was number one favorite for being a great teacher and wonderful person. Mr. Jury, my lit teacher for expanding my literature horizons. Mr. Heuterman, my US and world history teacher, for making history interesting.
12. What was your school mascot?
A bear cub.
13. Did you go to the Prom?
No. Our church had a “prom alternative” where we dressed up and went out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Our church at the time was just a tad legalistic about things like dancing.
14. If you could go back, would you?
Not for a million dollars.
15. What do you remember most about graduation?
That it was long and hot. Singing “Lean On Me” with two friends.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day?
We didn’t have one. Our principal made an announcement that anyone who participated in a group skip day would not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
17. Did you have a job your senior year?
Yes, I worked afternoons at a financial planner’s office, answering phones and doing filing.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
We had a closed campus, so I ate lunch at school.
19. Have you gained weight since then?
20. What did you do after graduation?
I don’t remember – how sad is that! I’m sure it was something with my family.
21. What year did you graduate?
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date?
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion?
I didn’t go. The schedule they sent involved meeting at a sports bar, a beergarten, and a BYOB barbecue. Now, I love a glass of red wine – especially with dark chocolate – but I remember what many of the people I graduated with were like in high school, and that itinerary was just an indication that not much had changed. Not my type of party.
Wow – that one brought back memories! Let me know if you play along.