Saw this at Lisa’s place and decided to play along.
1. Where/How did you meet? At a singles’ group at church.
2. How long have you known each other? We met in the spring of ’94 – so 13 years.
3. How long after you met did you start dating? A few months – our first date was on October 1st. I asked him out! (But only after being assured by a friend that he liked me. ~wink~)
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? Three months. We knew after a few weeks that we would get married, but I guess we officially got engaged and started planning the wedding around Christmas.
5. How long was your engagement? Three months. We were married March 31, 1995.
6. How long have you been married? We will be celebrating twelve years a week from Saturday.
7. What is your anniversary? Oops – already answered this one. 3/31/95
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? I am so bad at estimating numbers! Maybe 100? Kevin can correct me if I’m way off.
9. What kind of cake did you serve? I remember what it looked like – but not the flavors! Isn’t that terrible. I’m sure there was some chocolate in there. It was three tiers and had white icing with real purple irises as decor.
10. Where was your wedding? At my grandparent’s house – they had just had it built and it was beautiful!
11. What did you serve for your meal? We did not have a meal. Our wedding was in the evening for family and close friends only, with everyone else invited for the reception after. So we had cake, punch, mints, nuts, etc.
12. How many people were in your wedding party? Two. My best friend from high school, Fran, was the maid of honor, and Kevin’s friend, Glen, was his best man.
13. Are you still friends with them all? No. Fran and I lost touch several years ago, as did Kevin and Glen.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? He might’ve teared up a little.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? The prayer. Our friend Joseph, from South Africa, prayed a wonderful prayer of blessing over Kevin and I just before we were pronounced husband and wife.
16. Any funny moments? We opened presents at the reception, and the pastor who had married us had given us a book titled The Gift of Sex. Real fun opening THAT in front of parents, grandparents, little sisters, etc.
17. Any big disasters? Nope.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? The Oregon Coast.
19. How long were you gone? We had a whole week off of work, but we only stayed for two nights at the bed and breakfast. Couldn’t afford to stay longer!
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Not a thing.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? The right.
22. What size is your bed? Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple? We talk to each other. And we both forgive easily.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Being good parents!
25. Who literally pays the bills? Kevin brings home the paycheck, and he tells me which bills need paid, but I write them out and put them in the mail. It’s a joint effort!
26. What is your song? Go There With You by Steven Curtis Chapman
27. What did you dance your first dance to? We didn’t have a dance.
28. Describe your wedding dress: My sister made it and it was perfect! Ivory lace, long sleeves, fitted bodice with sweetheart neckline, handkerchief skirt.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Iris – the small, dark purple kind (I think those are Dutch, right?), delphinium, baby’s breath, bachelor buttons, lots of greens. They were gorgeous!
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No.
31. How old were you when you got married? I was 22 and Kevin was 29.
Let me know if you decide to play along!