1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Half Egg Nog, half Sprite. It’s too rich and thick otherwise, and I like the kick Sprite gives it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
We’ve never done the whole Santa thing, but I always wrap the gifts, even though I loathe doing it.
3. Colored lights on tree or white?
We’ve had white for the last few years, but the kids have been protesting, so I think we’re going to buy a pre-lit tree with colored lights sometime in the next week or so.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Never have – no particular reason, though.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
We usually do it the day after Thanksgiving, but since we’re getting a new tree, we haven’t done it yet.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ham and rolls.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Waiting on the stairs Christmas morning with my sisters – all of us in our jammies – for Dad to get up and get his camera ready before we headed into the room where the tree was.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don’t remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
No theme or anything. I buy each one of the kids an ornament every year. That way when they’re grown they’ll have a nice collection to start their own tree with. So those all go on. Plus there are some painted ceramic ornaments we made when I was a kid, some antique balls from my grandma, and everything else you can imagine. Plus four “Baby’s First Christmas” ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Both. I love it right around Christmas, and I love seeing the kids have fun in it, but it gets old right after New Year’s.
12. Can you ice skate?
I tried once. Spent the entire time holding on to the wall of the rink or sitting on my (wet, cold) butt on the ice. So, no.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember an electronic quiz game I got once that I absolutely loved. I was such a nerd. Plus Fashion Plates. Anyone else remember those?
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Making sure we remember why we are celebrating. Helping my kids to understand that it’s not all about gifts and food.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
My dad’s mincemeat star cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Going to Christmas Eve service.
17. What tops your tree?
A lighted star – but it died last year, so we’ll be looking for a new tree topper.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving! My problem is that when I have the perfect gift for someone, I want to give it to them right now! I hate waiting till Christmas.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Favorite carol is Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and favorite contemporary is Precious Promise from Steven Curtis Chapman’s Music of Christmas CD. One of our family favorites – it came out our first Christmas as a married couple.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum??
They’re okay – I usually only have a piece of one during the season. But I love Candy Cane ice cream.
Found at Educating Emme.